Thursday, November 11, 1999




Fax from:
                             Moorooka, Qld, 4105   
                            11.11.99                                 
 Optus    
                                                         
Re: Phone (07) 38922313              

Dear Sirs/Mesdames,                                                                           I have a problem with your service that your    customer service operators and their supervisors seem unable to solve.  I have called 1300 300 937 and 133066 and spoken to many of them for   hours on end in the last few days without result.  Please therefore     pass this letter on to some senior person on your technical staff.                                On 27th September 1999 I had an Optus cable  installed and selected Optus to provide all my services with the        emphatic instruction that all calls other than local calls were to be   be barred.  And whenever I ring your operators, they say that all non-  local calls from my phone DO show up as barred in their computers. BUT THE BARRING DOES NOT WORK.  Any STD calls made from my phone go        straight through with no obstacle or difficulty of any kind.  And the   bill for such calls then comes from Telstra!                                                      Your operators always try to pass the buck to Telstra for this but Telstra will have none of it.  I have spoken to  several of their operators (e.g. Tracy on 1800 011 333) about the      matter and they all say emphatically that my account with them is now   TOTALLY closed and that the only reason calls from my phone via the     Optus cable go to Telstra is because Optus puts them through to Telstra -- in clear contravention of my explicit instructions.                                              I reiterate that Telstra say that they now have NO  relationship with me at all and that they have received all the forms  they need to totally sever any connection with me.  They say it is entirely YOUR doing that calls go through to their network.    
                        I could fix this problem myself in a matter of minutes by changing back to Telstra at no cost to myself.  I know from  experience that THEIR barring does work. But I am not going to let you  off the hook so easily. I want you to solve this problem.                
                      Yours faithfully,                                      
                      (Dr.) JOHN RAY                        

No comments: